TO FILE A COMPLAINT PLEASE CALL (480)750-9440 OR EMAIL
JOYRIDESAZ’S HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE DRUG or ALCOHOL DRIVER POLICY
JoyRidesAz shall implement a zero tolerance policy on the use of drugs and alcohol while a vehicle for hire driver is providing passenger transportation or is available to provide passenger transportation. JoyRidesAZ shall provide notice of this policy on its website or in the vehicle for hire, including procedures to file a complaint about a driver with whom a passenger was matched and who the passenger reasonably suspects was under the influence of drugs or alcohol the course of the passenger transportation.
JoyRidesAz provides a safe and drug-free environment for our Drivers and our Customers. With this goal in mind and because of the serious drug abuse problem in today's workplace, we are establishing the following policy for existing and future Drivers of JoyRidesAz.
JoyRidesAz explicitly prohibits:
• The use, possession, solicitation for, or sale of narcotics or other illegal drugs, alcohol, or prescription medication without a prescription on Company or customer premises or while performing an assignment.
• Being impaired or under the influence of legal or illegal drugs or alcohol away from the Company or customer premises, if such impairment or influence adversely affects the Driver’s work performance, the safety of the rental or of others, or puts at risk the Company's reputation.
• Possession, use, solicitation for, or sale of legal or illegal drugs or alcohol away from the Company or customer premises, if such activity or involvement adversely affects the Driver’s performance, the safety of the Driver or of others, or puts at risk the Company's reputation.
• The presence of any detectable amount of prohibited substances in the Driver’s system while at work, while on the premises of the company or its customers, or while on company business. "Prohibited substances" include illegal drugs, alcohol, or prescription drugs not taken in accordance with a prescription given to the Driver.
JoyRidesAz will conduct drug and/or alcohol testing under any of the following circumstances:
• RANDOM TESTING: Driver may be selected at random for drug and/or alcohol testing at any interval determined by the Company.
• FOR-CAUSE TESTING: JoyRidesAz may ask Driver to submit to a drug and/or alcohol test at any time it feels that the Driver may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, including, but not limited to, the following circumstances: evidence of drugs or alcohol on or about the Driver's person or in the Driver vicinity, unusual conduct on the Driver's part that suggests impairment or influence of drugs or alcohol, negative performance patterns, or excessive and unexplained absenteeism or tardiness.
• POST-ACCIDENT TESTING: Any Driver involved in an accident or injury under circumstances that suggest possible use or influence of drugs or alcohol in the accident or injury event may be asked to submit to a drug and/or alcohol test. "Involved in an accident or injury" means not only the one who was or could have been injured, but also any Driver who potentially contributed to the accident or injury event in any way.
If a Driver is tested for drugs or alcohol outside of the Driver agreement context and the results indicate a violation of this policy, or if a Driver refuses a request to submit to testing under this policy, the Driver may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and possibly including discharge from rental agreement. In such a case, the Driver will be given an opportunity to explain the circumstances prior to any final Driver action becoming effective.
Please read, sign and date following items:
TO FILE A COMPLAINT PLEASE CALL (480) 675-7857 OR EMAIL